Student Support Program
Although NOCCA’s world-class arts-training program is tuition-free, students are responsible for some costs. The NOCCA Foundation’s Student Support Program helps pay these expenses, particularly for students from households with low incomes or from families managing unexpected hardships.
Term-Time Aid assists students with needs they might encounter during the school year while pursuing their craft at a serious level. For example:
- $275 – $585 covers arts and academic department supply fees
- $900 enables a year of required private music lessons
- $280 provides for knife kits and chef uniforms, or ballet and tap shoes
- $1,000 supports school-sponsored travel to arts competitions and college auditions
- $90 – $350 advances students’ college track by supporting fees for AP testing, ACT reports, college applications and college dual enrollment classes
Term-Time Aid also assists with broadband access and emergency food support. Need for the Term-Time Aid program continues to grow, year after year.
Summer Study Aid allows students to take part in some of the best summer intensive arts-training programs in America, including The Juilliard School, the Art Institute of Chicago, and the North Carolina School for the Arts. When rising seniors take part in these summer programs, they often return with college scholarships in hand.
Approximately 250 students receive Summer Study Aid each year. Awards range from $500 – $4,000.
While the child poverty rate in New Orleans is among the highest of major metropolitan regions at 34%–with the Black child poverty rate of 43% versus 14.4% and 26.5% respectively nationwide–programs such as Student Support ensure that creative youth in New Orleans can follow their talents and dreams.