Join The NOCCA Institute for another amazing summer of arts classes for adults! During this year’s Summer Studio, you can…
- Learn the basics of Creole cuisine with Chef Frank Brigtsen
- Study ceramics with acclaimed artist Nikki Jackson
- Belly up to the barre with ballet teacher Karl Condon
- Understand how to copyright your work thanks to attorney Ashlye Keaton
- Tighten up your tap skills with choreographer Heidi Malnar
- Clown around with Darci Fulcher
- And more!
All told, we have nearly 20 classes for you to choose from, and we plan to add more soon. With weekend, weekday, and nighttime offerings, there’s something to fit every budget and interest. Check out the current list of Summer Studio offerings below or at NOCCAInstitute.eventbrite.com, then click the links to register today!
- Business of art: Copyright and trademarking for artists with Ashlye Keaton
- Ceramics: Working on the potter’s wheel for absolute beginners with Nikki Jackson
- Ceramics: Advanced throwing with Nikki Jackson
- Ceramics: Simple steps to nested serving bowls with Nikki Jackson
- Cooking: Creole/Acadian cuisine with Chef Frank Brigtsen (session #1)
- Cooking: Creole/Acadian cuisine with Chef Frank Brigtsen (session #2)
- Dance: Ballet basics and beyond with Karl Condon
- Dance: Beginner adult tap with Heidi Malnar
- Dance: Advanced beginner adult tap with Heidi Malnar
- Drawing: Figure drawing with live models, taught by Gary Oaks
- Photography: Master your digital camera with Russell Wolfe (session #1)
- Photography: Master your digital camera with Russell Wolfe (session #2)
- Theatre: Find your clown with Darci Fulcher
- Theatre: Stand-up comedy crash course with Lauren Malara
- Writing: Compassion and personal narrative with Lara Naughton
- Writing: So you want to write a novel, taught by Anya Groner
- Writing: Start writing now with Jessica Kinnison
- Writing: What’s love got to do with it, taught by Anya Groner
Classes are taught on the campus of the New Orleans Center for Creative Arts, Louisiana’s arts conservatory for high school students. For additional information, please call 504-940-2808 or email Richard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for cost for adult classes – photography and writing. Thanks
Hi, Clarissa, and thanks for your post. The cost of our classes vary–some are afternoon workshops, while others take place over the course of a month. For pricing and other details, just click the name of the class that you’re interested in. You’ll find a full description and tuition info, too!
Are the dance classes two nights per week? For instance, is ballet on Thursdays AND Saturdays or do you choose which day you want to attend?
Hi, Emily. Yes, the dance classes are held two nights each week, and students attend both nights.